The Iola Claims Group is located in the historic Warren Mining District of central Idaho. This district has seen a flurry of mining activity since the 1860’s as the wave of prospectors based out of Idaho’s first mining camp located to the north in Pierce, Idaho spread south across the Salmon River Canyon. Under the direction of James Warren, the miners discovered rich placer ground in what is now the Warren Mining District. Since its discovery to about 1935 the district had produced a reported US $17,000,000 worth of precious metals, mostly gold through placer mining methods.
• 70 Total Acres | 28.33 Hectares
The bedrock within the district is predominately a quartz monzonite, a granite-like rock, which is part of the larger Idaho batholith underlying a major portion of central Idaho. This quartz monzonite is typically a light gray, medium to coarse grained rock, composed of plagioclase feldspar, quartz and biotite mica.
The Iola Vein is less documented than the Rescue Vein, but among oldtimers who worked the district during the late thirties and early forties, the vein is considered to be one of the best prospects in the Warren District. Specimens of ore from the dump are typical of Warren productive veins, high grade with visible gold. The vein can be traced for over 2500 feet on the surface.