The Kimberly Mine is a past producing mine located in the Marshall Mountain Mining District of central Idaho and approximately 20 miles south of Riggins.
When originally purchased by Kimberly Gold Mines in 1999, the goal was to return the mine to production, so energy was focused on rehabilitating the mine’s access tunnels, while exploring for additional mineralization. There are several portals, and several thousand feet of underground workings across the claims. Target areas include the Kimberly / Gold Crest Vein, focusing between the Gold Crest No. 2 and new Fisher Levels, as well as the Crystal Tunnel, which provides access to the Crystal, Digger and Kimberly Veins. Shoshone intends to develop resources within the mine to provide supplemental mill feed for the nearby Rescue Mill, located a short 35 miles to the southeast.
The site also includes a historic 100 ton per day ball mill, with gravity and flotation circuits, some of which may eventually be utilized at the Rescue Mill. This mill was historically used to process the ores produced from the Gold Crest No. 2 Level in 1960.
• Nearly 500 Acres | 200.32 Hectares
• 10 separate tunnels explore 7,500 feet of previously producing workings
• NI 43-101 Report completed
Overall, the Kimberly Mine Veins are narrow, high grade, gold-silver veins, ranging from less than 1 to over 10 oz/t, in moderately to steeply dipping parallel quartz veins that range from a few inches to several feet thick, and swell and pinch along strike and down dip. Gold occurs in the free state with sulphides, with gold-enriched zones or shoots potentially continuing for up to several hundred feet in length. Geological findings indicate that it is likely the Kimberly Structure is a network of veins, braided, sub-parallel, or en echelon within a vein zone that extends roughly three miles along strike. Historic data from the Gold Crest No. 2 Level indicates grades of up to 19 ounces per ton in gold.
• Completed merger to acquire Kimberly Gold Mines, Inc.
• Shoshone Silver Mining Company completes LOI to acquire the Kimberly Mine
• Underground drill program designed
• Underground core drilling located the 1Gold Crest Vein at New Fisher Level
• Surface and underground structural and geological mapping studies conducted
• Skarn target identified
• Kimberly Gold Mine conducts reverse circulation drill program
• Portal rehabilitation
• Assemblage of land package